Thursday, July 29, 2010

Whitewashed paper



A recent discovery at the craft store led to a whole new level of fun for me in creating mobiles and other paper crafts. This paper from Core'dinations is coated with a white, chalky layer that can be sanded off to reveal the core color beneath. I've embossed it using my Cuttlebug, and then I gently sanded off the top layer.

The darker the core color, the more striking the results, naturally. But all the colors I've tried so far are lovely. I'm thinking this could lend a shabby chic and/or beachy element to the mobiles. In fact, I stumbled upon this paper when looking for something to coordinate with a sea-foam color. I hope this does the trick!

3 comments:

Jen Smith said...

Ohhhhh! That's so double rainbow!

ToryO_Vis建銘 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
goshery said...

Love that paper!