Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fruit and veggies

In honor of my sister-in-law's graduation -- she earned a master's degree in nutrition -- my brother commissioned a fruits-and-vegetables mobile as a special gift for his dietitian wife. I love a good challenge and was eager to incorporate some of her favorites as well as represent all the colors of the rainbow.

Three-year-old Natalie recognized all the individual fruits and veggies and even wanted to eat the grapes...



I hung the individual grapes on thin filament in a cluster under a grape leaf. The result is a shimmery bunch of abstract-yet-recognizable purple orbs...











The backs of the apple and orange are solid so that when the fruit turn, it gives the illusion of a half of each fruit. I delighted in making this one-of-a-kind mobile, and I hope it inspires my sister-in-law to have delicious daydreams.

5 comments:

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...

I am amazed by your eye for detail. Another fantastic mobile. How cute that Natalie wanted to eat the grapes. :)
Love,
Auntie Heidi

goshery said...

Love this! The lemon is my very favorite, but that strawberry with the texture is stinkin' cute too! I bet she loved this - and I think you should make another for your Etsy shop. Easy for me to say!

Vi2139 said...

不要把生命看得太嚴肅,反正我們不會活著離開。..................................................................

韻枝 said...

好棒的地方 我一定要常來~~~^^~. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .