Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring flowers mobile

These beautiful blooms have been on my mind and my drawing board for several months. I finally sat down and created this mobile for a friend in honor of her new baby girl.




I'm excited to make more flower mobiles, largely because it was fun and relatively easy to assemble the flowers. Unlike the other mobiles I've made, every shape is die cut with Sizzix dies and my Cuttlebug (I've also been using those dies to make felt and fabric flower hair clips -- I'll share photos of those soon).

Plus, I'm absolutely crazy about this paper and its subtle metallic sheen (Bazzil Basics Bling papers). In fact, I bought every color that the local craft shop had in stock! More and more exciting color combinations keep popping in my head.







My next new mobile design will feature these flowers and some butterflies -- so perfect for spring!

4 comments:

goshery said...

How cute! I love that paper, and the colors are so pretty and springy! I think adding butterflies is a great idea; who doesn't love butterflies?

v佳馥虹玲 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
慧珊雅俊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heidi said...

I love this mobile Andie. My mind is whirling with possible locations for more than 1 mobile. Hmm...