Friday, March 19, 2010

Color combinations for custom stripes/plaid mobile

I'm delighted to have the opportunity to create a custom moon-and-stars mobile for an Etsy customer. Here are some of the color combinations I've come up with, as per her request. I'm thinking of some day including something like this in my listings for custom mobiles...

Here's the latest color combination, complete with much better colors in the photo (though they're still not totally right -- I went too far in the muted direction). I've never made a mobile with so many different colored stars, and I love the idea!


I've also enjoyed improving my handy-dandy preview technique, using templates to show different color combinations (instead of punching out all these stars) before creating the actual mobile.




Unfortunately, some of the colors aren't looking right in the photos. I think I got a little too excited and didn't wait for the best lighting. I might redo some of the later combinations... But this gets the idea across.

3 comments:

goshery said...

Oooh, I love the different combinations! Great idea to give your customers so many options. I'm glad to hear that you are getting attention for your mobiles - they are adorable!

火吟 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

oh man! someday i just might commission you to make me a blue and gold (hancock themed) mobile to hang in my office. prepare yourself!