Friday, January 22, 2010

EtsyMom

It's taken me three years to fully adjust to being a mom, and I'm absolutely loving (nearly) every moment. It's also taken about three years to adjust to creating paper crafts more often than I write. Someday I plan to return to full-time writing, but in the meantime, I'm thoroughly enjoying crafting and running an Etsy shop. I'm still rather surprised by the relative success of my little shop, and I have lots of inspiration for projects to someday sell.

I feel that my identity has shifted from focusing on myself, my husband, and my career, to focusing on my children, my husband, and my household (not necessarily in that order). And crafts occasionally. What I'm trying to say is that I finally felt ready to join an online group for moms, and I found one that I'm excited and proud to be a part of: EtsyMom. Through the group, I hope to learn more about balancing life at home with little ones, a growing creative drive, and an Etsy shop that needs more stock...

2 comments:

goshery said...

I don't know how you find any time to craft with two little ones at home! EtsyMom sounds like a fun group and I'm sure you'll enjoy getting support from other mom's with little ones at home. Just so you know, you will blink and they'll be all grown up, so enjoy them while you can!

Ryan said...

Full-time writing misses you (it told me), but the work you're doing now is incredibly difficult to argue against. (All of it, from the papercraft to the baby-raising.)