Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall flower bouquet

With no small amount of grinding, gears have really changed in the Rooks household. I've been challenged on every level as I balance my role as at-home mom, my desire for a clean (at least non-disastrous) house, and my drive to create. I can't say I've enjoyed every moment, but I've enjoyed the outcome of every moment. I'm deeply in love with my girls and am deeper in love with my husband as he grows as a father...

Mushy stuff aside, I have had precious few moments at my craft table, often while wearing and/or nursing Naomi and coaching Natalie in a craft at her own craft table. These fall flowers were commissioned by my mom, and I was able to make them while she played with the kiddos during a recent visit.

I used K & Company papers that coordinated nicely with the printed flowers I used for the centers.


I love putting the colored dew drops in the centers. The half-circle accents make the flowers pop.







In other news, I'm planning to upload three new mobiles to my Etsy shop very soon. One of the mobiles constitutes my 100th item uploaded to RooksPaperScissors! I think I'll add a free gift for whomever buys that particular mobile :)

And a confession: I'm all but 100-percent sure that Costco's photo department will be making my Christmas cards this year. I just don't have the chunks of time necessary to create upwards of 50 cards for my friends and family (let alone any custom orders). I feel free just to have come to that decision.

1 comment:

aforestfrolic said...

Those are gorgeous!! And good for you deciding on Costco doing your Christmas cards...If I don't get started now, I will be in the same boat ;-) And October is always a busy month for us.

Jamie :)