Friday, August 7, 2009

I've been noticed!

While adding Naomi's birth announcement to my Etsy front page, I noticed that one of my mobiles had more than 1,000 views--nearly 10 times the number of views for any other item in my shop. I was excited but wrote it off as just one of those strange and wonderful things that happen when I'm not paying attention.


Well, I've been spending a lot of time poking around on Etsy while sitting on the couch nursing Naomi. I've been buying gifts and beefing up my Amazon universal wish list (my birthday's coming up)... In the course of shopping for a friend's soon-to-be 3-year-old daughter, I started checking out the Etsy children's gift guide. That's where I discovered my mobile among the six pages of wonderful kids' clothing and gifts!

In the words of the gift guides main page: "The Gift Guides are hand picked by Etsy staff from hundreds of thousands of items available." I'm shocked, flattered, and excited. I don't know how long the mobile's been in the gift guide, or how long it will remain ... and now I'm itching to make more mobiles.

2 comments:

goshery said...

Congrats Andrea! I'm not surprised at all. The mobile is just adorable! What a fun surprise for you, and very deserving!

mushroommeadows said...

Yay for you!!! Very exciting news indeed! :)