Thursday, August 20, 2009

Here's how I do it

This is one of the keys to my sanity and ability to craft while mothering: a wrap.

Naomi tends to go right to sleep when I put her in it; I can nurse her hands-free; and it's beautiful and comfortable (and organic cotton). I wear her at home if she's fussy or having trouble falling asleep, and I wear her when we run errands... This particular wrap is from Lovey Duds on Etsy -- she has dozens of gorgeous handmade wraps.





I also wore my first daughter, in a sling and carrier, until I became too pregnant to fit the carrier over my belly. One piece of advice if you're hoping to wear a baby for the first time: don't give up! It takes practice, and the baby may need time to get used to it. Borrow some slings, wraps, and/or carriers, if you can, before buying one...

3 comments:

bunzi said...

Thanks! We do have a wrap. I haven't mastered it yet. :( Baby does sleep in it but I can't seem to nurse hands free only one handed. Will try and try again. :D

Casey and Gina said...

"My first daughter..." WOW! Did you catch how amazing that is?? :) You have two girls!!! ((hug))

aforestfrolic said...

Love that sling & love babywearing too! She's a doll, oh my ;-)

Jamie :)