Monday, August 31, 2009

Birth announcements

Before Naomi was born, I started making birth announcements that I'd send to people who wouldn't get to meet her for a while, family who don't have e-mail, and other special folks. I picked happy, gender-neutral paper and bought both blue and pink ribbon for the top, since we didn't know who Naomi was until she was born...

After Naomi arrived, I filled in the details and assembled the announcements. I finally finished them (more than 40), and am in the process of putting them in envelopes, which always takes me much longer than actually creating the cards!





(By the way, we just found out today that Naomi has gained 2 pounds and now weighs 11 lbs 3 oz!)

4 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

wow! Your birth announcements are so cute!!! I love how they incorporate your eldest. sweet. :)

aforestfrolic said...

Love the announcements! We also put pictures of our two older daughters on the babes announcements...but sssshhhhh, don't tell anyone, we ordered them (I didn't make them myself)...horrible I know ;-) Yours are just darling, you go girl!

Jamie :)

goshery said...

What cute announcements! I'm so impressed that you have them done with two little ones to care for. I'm always impressed with your ribbon tying skills - something I'm definitely lacking!

I'm sure Naomi is growing like crazy. Both girls are adorable, and it looks like they are becoming great friends.

I looked over your reading list and I'll have to come back and look again when I'm ready for a new book. I see you read David Sedaris - I love him! A friend has a boxed set of cd's of him reading his stories and my daughter and I listed to several of them on our road trip. I was lucky enough to see him in person a few years ago in St. Paul and he was SO funny! My stomach actually hurt when it was over from laughing so hard.

My bookclub just finished a great book called The Book Thief. If you are looking for a good read (I don't know how you would have time!) check it out. We rated it a 4.5 out of 5, which was a first for us and we've been an active book club for about 10 years.

Glad to hear that things are going well for you!

bunzi said...

quite wonderful! i have yet to make or order mine. oops. ;)