Saturday, June 27, 2009

Recent projects part 3: crocheted baby booties

A little over a week ago, my nesting urge collided with my craft urge -- I woke up one morning obsessed with the idea of crocheting my own baby booties. I've never done anything like this before. I've crocheted hats, blankets, scarves, decorative edges, granny squares ... but never a bootie. What's more, I had to do this without using a pattern. For some reason, I felt that a pattern would hamper my impulsive urge to make these little shoes.

I made two prototypes with increasing success. I ran out of the brown yarn, so the next ones I'll make will be in a yummy orange-and-cream yarn of the same weight. I was fortunate enough to be able to use my best friend's newborn as a foot model...










2 comments:

goshery said...

Awwww, they are so tiny! I can't believe you can do that without a pattern - very impressive! They are adorable and it won't belong until you have your very own baby feet to put in them! I imagine you are getting pretty excited!

lisa maksoudian said...

absolutely perfect! in no time you'll have your own little foot model...time goes by so fast (when you're not the one who's pregnant.) :)

just thinking about you...
L