Friday, May 1, 2009

One of many recent projects

Here's a little something I made to accompany a birthday gift that my grandpa commissioned me to make for his cousin. He wanted me to make a birthday box -- a handy file box containing 12 unique birthday cards. Atop the box, I affixed a handmade birthday calendar so the recipient can easily keep track of friends' and family members' birthdays and other special dates. I made two such boxes as Christmas gifts, and I made a duplicate of the recent box (photos coming soon) to sell in my Etsy shop...



Purple is a lovely color, and I tend to forget about it in my natural leaning toward earth tones. I think I'll make a point to purchase more purples in the future.

1 comment:

mushroommeadows said...

Purple is very lovely indeed. I like the textured polka dots, too! :)