Friday, May 15, 2009

Encouragement

Our pastor and his family are going through a rough transition in their lives right now, so I thought I'd share a little encouragement with them.

I had two photocopies of my favorite hymn, "Jesus, Lover of my Soul," one of which I sponged with brown inks and layered with various stamps. I cut out a few lines from the other copy and used lighter browns and edged them with blue ink so they would stand out.




I stamped various images -- swirls, the dragonfly, a bee, and the swallow -- on blue and craft cardstock and cut them out for added dimension...

I also had some fun with the envelope, using texture brushes to give light coloring in browns and blue, and layering it with script, swirls, a face, and a bee stamp -- and one of my favorite stamps: an ink spaltter...

1 comment:

goshery said...

What a beautiful card and envelope. I'm sure the family appreciates your kind words and support.