Monday, March 30, 2009

Blasts from the past

I've been keeping busy these days with a couple of big custom orders and gifts, not to mention my daughter's new bedtime schedule, which involves an hour of reading to get her to sleep. I'm usually too sleepy to do any crafts after such sessions. Since there's not much to show for my custom projects' progress quite yet, I thought I'd mine my craft files and revisit some old designs.

My very dear friends -- Ryan and Sarah, and Jen -- and my husband made this possible. A few years ago they secretly collected all the cards I'd given them over the years. They then scanned each card and put the files onto a USB drive and gave it to me for Christmas. I am still so touched to this day...

Here are some fall cards from several years ago (I don't have exact dates)...


This card was actually stamped by my mom and me -- we made paper place mats for Thanksgiving, which I kept (well, the ones that didn't get stuffing and gravy on them). I then cut some up for the background of a few cards, this one included.


If I remember correctly, I taught a class on how to make this card and the one below it. I used to lead workshops on stamping techniques (not through any particular company, just for kicks at the request of some friends from church)...

I used chalks to color the leaves and the background squares on this card. I also sent a sample to Take 10, but they never published it.



This is one of my oldest cards. I think I made it for my husband when we were dating or just married, which makes this design about eight or nine years old. I only had a few craft supplies back then, including the leaf punch and the sun punch...

2 comments:

goshery said...

I love the new bedtime routine . . . I think my daughter liked me to tuck her in until she was about 15!! We always read books; in fact we read the whole Harry Potter series at bedtime. It's time consuming for you now but before you know if she will be grown, so the crafts can wait while you continue this ritual! Enjoy!

willynillywaterlily said...

Beautiful cards! I love how they are done in so many layers. They have such a rich look to them. Amazing! :)