Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine collaboration

My 2-year-old daughter and I combined efforts to create Valentine cards this year...


I encouraged her to stamp hearts to her heart's content on a 12x12 piece of white card stock.


I then cut the masterboard into smaller squares and layered a cupcake (which I stamped, colored, and cut out) onto a scalloped square and onto the square that Natalie had stamped.


Those layers then got attached to card stock that I'd punched with the Martha Stewart scallop with tiny hearts border. It was fun to create a card that came from my and Natalie's hearts...


I also recently hosted a Stanpin' Up! workshop in which our demonstrator, Karen, helped us create this Valentine for ourselves.

I love that it includes an earthy green to balance the pink and red...

3 comments:

Regina said...

Wow! Natalie seems to have inherited "the touch"!
These are really sweet cards.

Jen Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Smith said...

I took the Valentine card from the workshop home and swapped the pink ribbon for some kiwi kiss satin ribbon and that really grounded the card. Made it be less girly. Which wasn't really that important since I gave it to my mom