Monday, February 16, 2009

Custom anniversary card, Take 1

A friend of mine recently asked me to create an anniversary card for her to give to her husband. Some of the criteria she gave me included no yellow, and that she loves tulips. I latched onto the tulip idea -- what a creative challenge, especially since I don't own any tulip stamps.

For Valentine's Day, my mom gave me a bouquet of tulips, so I drew from nature to create this card by cutting out tulip petals, a stem, and leaves from some paper that I thought would appeal to a guy while still being something a gal would give for a romantic reason. Whew...

Like I titled the post, this is just Take 1. I have other ideas, and the paper possibilities are endless for this particular card...





The card is tall and narrow, measuring roughly 4 inches wide and 8 inches tall.

1 comment:

Regina said...

This is beautiful and you could stop here, in my opinion. It will be fun to see what else you have up your sleeve.