Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Something for the new baby

Every fall and winter, I change craft gears and crochet a few projects. This year, however, I opted to focus on paper crafts, largely because I wanted to keep my Etsy store well stocked (and keep up with demand!).

Crocheting inspiration struck with the new year after my friend, Sarah, mentioned that a flour sack kitchen towel would make a great receiving/swaddling blanket in an especially good weight for summer newborns. Since I'll be having a summer newborn of my own, I decided to try my hand and gussying up an organic flour sack towel with a crocheted edge. I'll next stamp the towel itself using fabric ink...

I'm happy with the blanket thus far, so I thought I'd share my progress...






3 comments:

bunzi said...

aww it looks cute already! i haven't made anything for my little one yet. but i've been thinking of things. :)

goshery said...

The blanket looks so cute Andrea - yellow is my favorite color. I did get a little sidetracked though lookout out your window and seeing green grass! We haven't seen that for months! This is such an exciting time for you - enjoy!

mushroommeadows said...

How absolutely beautiful!