Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ornament No. 1


I just have to share my squeals of delight!!! I love this ornament! I loved it when I saw it in the Stampin' Up! catalog, and I was sorely tempted to buy the kit. But then I thought that I could probably figure out how to make it from scraps of paper. Sure enough, 25* circle punches and 35 minutes later, I made my own adorable ornament! I'm going to feature this style of ornament (but made out of a secret ingredient) in the upcoming New Times/Santa Maria Sun Holiday Guide.




*I counted wrong -- it takes 20 circles to make this ornament.

3 comments:

Regina said...

How cool & fun!
Since you were using scraps, could you call this a "green" ornament? ;-)

bunzi said...

neat! love the paper!

MackAttack said...

Hey Andrea, this is so cool because Matt makes this ornament every year with his class! They collect old Christmas cards from the parents, then each kid makes their own ornament out of the circles cut out from the cards. Yours is way prettier, but it's fun to know you both make them. :)