Thursday, September 4, 2008

Birthday color

I love birthdays -- I love the joy of creating something special and giving it away...
For my friend Flo, I created a round card with a vintage-looking flower and bird print. Also in August, her daughter turned 2, and Flo celebrated with a circus-themed party. I challenged myself to find fun circus embellishments for her birthday cards (my 19-month-old daughter Natalie made a card, too).

Natalie's card for Amelie (she placed all the stickers herself)


My card for Amelie



My card for Flo

As part of Flo's gift, I made a set of four round cards with square envelopes using some of my favorite new papers...



4 comments:

Regina said...

I love your creations. And HOW COOL that Natalie can join you!
Wish I could just drop in & play with you two. I used to make art for hours with my nieces when they were little.
xo

bunzi said...

you have amazing cards! mushy received her gift! much thanks. ;) i've updated the yellow monthly makings with your cute entry.

Sarah said...

I think Regina thinks Natalie actually made that card.......if only she could sit still that long ;)

Andrea Rooks said...

Natalie kind of did make that card -- she placed all the stickers herself on the two sheets of colored paper, and I put the rest of the card together :)