Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 seconds of fame

My friend and former editor Ryan (the same Ryan who named "RooksPaperScissors") recently told me that one of my cards was seen on the comedy TV show "Psych," which he'd been watching on DVD. In the first episode of the second season, actor Tim Curry (of "Rocky Horror Picture Show" fame) is reading an issue of the "Santa Maria Sun" on which is featured one of my handmade cards!

I was bidding the newspaper farewell after I'd worked there for 6 1/2 years, and I'd thought an appropriate image for the cover would be a handmade goodbye card.

It's not obvious in the photo, but I did not stamp the "Thanks for the memories" -- that was added when the cover was being designed.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Really cool card & what a fun thing to happen! I never saw that episode, so we'll have to check it out.